Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

The Indigo Virus



If anyone ever wondered how a plague or virus can spread through humanity like wildfire, one need only observe the general phenomenon of 'journal meme'............

This is where I grumble and curse (as only an endearing friend would) Indigo over at Scream Quietly for intentionally infecting me, despite years of my careful hand washing. I really thought I was damn near invincible. Evidently my immune system has a weak spot because here I am getting ready to do the unthinkable........a meme........(oh and perhaps I should mention, my dear friend Indigo, and I say this with genuine love....... paybacks a bitch~~~grin~~~)

And the 'rules and regulations' are as follows............
* link to the person who tagged you * list 6 random things about yourself * tag 6 new people * let each tagged person know by posting a comment on their blog * link to the 6 people you've tagged * and let the person who tagged you know that you posted. Easy enough....*

1) The Rosy and fuzzy picture:::::I'm a tomboy at heart and can rough and tumble with the boys any day. I did learn how to embrace my feminine side which can be quite sexy and fun. I'm 36 years old, but don't feel a day over 36 years old. I can kick some one's ass if there's a reason to do so and a long time ago I got an assault charge on my record for doing just that. I would never slap or pull hair. I also accumulated 13 drinking tickets before the age of 21. I don't drink, I can, but I won't....my epilepsy doesn't play nice if I have a sweet glass of wine. Growing up people called me the nickname Becky, I am soooo not a Becky and it always bugged me. (don't try it) I collect art because it's much more meaningful then a TV and costs about the same. I am the eternal optimist, a hopeless romantic and hate the word poet. Oh, and I hate the dentist. I can keep a secret, my own or others and never ever feel the desire to tell anyone. And the truth is, I don't make a great full time friend, especially if someone is 'needy', my Best Friends understand my limitations and give me lots of room and freedoms....in turn I'm loyal to the core and would do anything in my power to give them whatever their hearts desire.

2) Head scratch admission:::::Lets see, I have broken just about every single bone in my body. From the top of my head (skull fracture) to my broken neck (I blame the horse), to ribs (horrible minute by breathing minute torture), arms, wrists, fingers, legs, ankles, toes, tail bone (long term torture, think about it, a person is sitting on their ass alot)......the only bone that remains unscathed is my hip and I imagine I'll finish off with that one sometime down the line.

The reason for all of these injuries is basic, I am reckless and devoid of a natural fear factor. I am an adrenaline junkie who pushes the envelope at every chance I get. The physical repercussions are just a possible consequence to a rather grand time. Meaning, I could really care less if I break a bone or two, which I consider collateral damage for doing what I want, rather then cowering and never experiencing something.

3) Another Random moment:::::My only natural enemy is worms (some of you know that and if you didn't, well, it's called phobia of the irrational nature, my one and only fear)......I typically only wear the colors black and white, with the exception of blue jeans. I barely wear makeup, if ever. I can get ready to leave the house, including shower, in 15 minutes...all natural is my motto. I can't stand the noise people make when eating and I for one could care less about food. For me, eating is just something I have to do, like going to the bathroom. I haven't weighed myself in years and don't own a scale. I've never been on a diet. All my friends are short shrimps and I feel like a tree lady next to them (I'm a 6 footer in 3 inch heels, do the math) I hated basketball, much to the school coaches dismay. I have 6 pets. 3 cats, 3 dogs. Random moment over:::::

4) What I dodge::::I don't handle compliments very well. Which probably goes back to I don't like to talk about myself. I prefer to keep any and all spotlights off of myself and a compliment is like shining a light directly in my eyes. Now, I am not one to negate, meaning, I won't put down something I did that someone compliments in order to make it less significant (I hate that twisted little circle)......but other then a possible thank you, I'll change subjects, shift the focus elsewhere, or ignore the compliment completely. I'm not sure why this is, other then my Momma raised me to take pride in what I do and never depend on others for validation. I think I sorta took that to the extreme...........

5) Back to the perspective of the 3-D world::::This isn't a stellar thing to admit, but evidently from the perspective of others, I've been told on more then one occasion I scare people. Not in a boogie man sort of way, but my presence makes many people uneasy. I've been told I 'intimidate' people even when I'm being extremely nice. The problem, as has been explained to me, is that for one, I look people in the eye, sort of 'intensely' and that makes people nervous. And two, the way I move and carry myself....self assurance makes people leery. (I'm just not uneasy or unsure around people, new or known) Now, since I consider myself a nice person, this does bother me somewhat, but the good news is the same people who have told me that, consider me a good friend 'once they got to know I'm not so scary'..........Boo

6) Writing admission::::: I have a hate, sorta like, hate relationship with writing. 90% of the time I hate it. The thing is, I have to write, it's in my blood, oozing out of my brain and my hands are like possessed extensions of a bleeding tree. I would like to write because I want to and enjoy it, rather then this pressing need to eradicate the mind torture. See the difference? My only saving grace is every once in awhile I write something that someone else needed at the point in time and for a space, it feels like the torture finally achieved purpose. Oh, and like this meme, when I write I just can't pull off moderation.

~~~~~~

Ok, I'm going the way of Alexander Fleming and injecting penicillin into this endeavor (translation, sorry Indigo, I just can't do it) and taking the low road by not tagging others. It's the contrary neurosis in me........

However, if anyone wants to cough and sputter out 6 (or random crazy like I did, damn the writer in me) masked/unknown things about themselves please feel free to do so and let me know. I'm all about snooping and voyeurism. It's the curious cat in me...................

15 Additional Thoughts:

Wow you did a meme. Maybe Ralph Nader will win the presidency tomorrow.

November 03, 2008 1:25 PM  

Ahem...that was a measly 6 teeth out of the 32 you have...(raises eyebrow) and yes....you are kinda scary. Maybe it's just me but I'm the one on the chit list after this *winks*...

In my defense I seriously thought I would get an email saying, thank you but no thank you. You actually did it..WOW!

For now I'm staying on this side of the fence (thinking oh, thats going to do a whole lot of good with your height you'll jump it in a heartbeat).

I actually get the hate relationship with writing, as of late I've been told I'm rather dark. That's just the sum of what I'm willing to let out. Should see whats stewing inside my head at the moment. Writing is my saving grace, otherwise I think I would literally be sitting in an asylum somewhere.

Well this shrimp thanks you for actually going the mile and doing this. I love peeling back the mask friends tend to wear for the rest of the world. Promise any other inquiry will be made in either snail mail or email.

We share an affinity for broken bones, and your right the ribs hurt the most. (Hugs)Indigo

November 03, 2008 2:13 PM  

Never thought of all people - YOU, but hey this year IS suppose to be about change - huh. I'm one of those part time friends, but I seem to have alot of the needy surrounding me right now - Time to clean house. I enjoyed your reads as I knew I would being you were infected by Indigo. Hoping your days are being good to you. Take care,
Katie

November 03, 2008 4:46 PM  

#4 Accepting Compliments

Thank you for expressing a simple thank you, rather than saying "Oh, it was nothing" or "This old thing?" One of my pet peeves is when I compliment someone and they automatically gainsay it. What happened to the art of offering thanks for what was intended as a kindness?

By the way, fun entry. See? There was a compliment. That's not so hard! ;)

Beth

November 03, 2008 5:50 PM  

I rather enjoyed your meme, goes in depth much more than anyone else's I've seen. You and Indigo both have a knack for the written word and obviously enjoy writing. Have a happy election day. : )

November 03, 2008 8:56 PM  

Not sure if you meant you were a tomboy but I guess toyboy will work. LOL I had to read this when I saw the title. You two are both interesting reads. Have a good Tuesday.

November 03, 2008 9:31 PM  

Very interesting list of randomness from you! Very well written as well! You go girl!

November 04, 2008 12:18 AM  

Okay, no compliments, but if I was a straight man, you'd be in trouble!
I will mention that this is National Novel Writing month...I'm giving it a shot...

November 04, 2008 10:11 AM  

i might do the meme but i cant tag anyone either since i think i read all the people that were originally tagged.

thanks for reading!

xxalainaxx

November 04, 2008 4:00 PM  

I was just tagged to do this, too. I am not sure if I will. I feel like I've done this one a HUNDRED times. I did, however, LOVE LOVE LOVE reading this. I got to know you even better and I love it. ;)

November 04, 2008 7:42 PM  

Please forgive me for not responding within good grace, but your words meant/mean a lot to me and I found my self at a loss in regards as to a worthy reply.

November 04, 2008 8:13 PM  

I really like reading here. I don't comment often, but I appreciate your style.

Does that fall under the "compliment" situation? :)

November 04, 2008 11:24 PM  

I also tend to intimidate people when they first meet me. I also get "are you angry?" a lot. Um no, am I not allowed to walk around without a smile all day long?

I'm actually a friendly person, I love people but I don't smile a lot. I guess that makes me intimidating. Hmmm I dunno..

Enjoyed your meme. *M*

http://learningtoadapt.blogspot.com

November 05, 2008 7:14 PM  

We never realized you were so tall. I am right there with you on the sound of chewing. It drives me up and over a wall!

November 09, 2008 6:37 AM  

What a fascinating person you are! Thanks for suffering through the meme and sharing yourself.

Btw, I'm also into snooping and voyeurism.

November 10, 2008 2:34 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home