Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

VOTE


Truth is, I will pity the person who doesn't vote in this election. Frankly, that would be considered, in my humble opinion, irresponsible and a blatant waste of ones power to make a choice.


Remember, the ability to put a choice out there into the world is one of humanities greatest gifts.


We have choice, we have power, individually and collectively.


Rarely, if ever, has my journal spoken of politics, but do not assume that means it isn't important to me. My opinion is one of millions and today I'll let it speak loud and clear at the voting booth. I don't look at it as I'm just one little old vote. Instead I look at it as I'm part of a living evolution, a leaf on a tree that would be less beautiful if I wasn't part of it.


I do make one request, a moment of pause, a perspective to consider. Should you be in a state that has a Proposition proposed that would deny someone their civil rights based on your religious beliefs...think carefully before you cast your judgement. Because that is what it comes down to......acceptance, love thy neighbor, embracing all of humanity.......or casting judgement against individuals based on what you think or have been taught the bible suggests. The God I can appreciate would be ashamed people were casting stones in his name. We know better, or we should....it's time to end that hypocrisy. Need more perspective? Visit Marc and read his post.....No on Prop 8, Yes to Love


Now.....Vote.......

14 Additional Thoughts:

I echo the sentiments of that last paragraph. In a country that believes in religious freedom, religion should of never been considered in the outsome to begin with. Hope your day finds you loved and blessed dear friend. (Hugs)Indigo

November 04, 2008 9:33 AM  

What I didn't orginally take notice of was the religious commenter with whom we had the brouhaha took pains to mention that though she couldn't vote against Prop 8, she sure agreed with my vote for Prop 2, so the chickens can move around in their cages! I guess Jesus should have said "Bless the beasts, the children AND the homosexuals."
Thanks for stepping up and speaking out. I REALLY appreciate it.

November 04, 2008 10:04 AM  

I have relatives who base some of their political decisions on their religious beliefs. I love them dearly, but I just don't get it. Colin Powell got it right when he said that Obama isn't a Muslim, but the broader question should be "What if he were?"

Wonderful entry.
Beth

November 04, 2008 10:41 AM  

What ever happened to the concept of separation of church and state? The lines have blurred strongly in the past few years and that frightens me. I agree with your entry. Get out and vote, but think about the whole picture and not through fear. Happy Voting!
Ada

November 04, 2008 10:49 AM  

Rebecca Anne,
I too try to keep out of politics in my blog. It is good that you speak up when it is important. I'm glad you did.
David

November 04, 2008 7:10 PM  

You are so right, my dear. SO RIGHT. I rocked the vote today. For my first time EVER. I am so excited! :]

November 04, 2008 7:40 PM  

Goodluck to the future President and I hope that the new one be able to turn around what America is truly made of.
I stepped in this country 20 years ago, the very first time I felt the cool air caressed my face, and the breeze whispered in my air..... "Freedom."

:-)

November 04, 2008 10:29 PM  

umm.....ear :-D

November 04, 2008 10:29 PM  

While our beliefs do play a role in my choice nad vote, my husband and I also consider the issuses. Not internet rumours.
Not every nations enjoys the privilage of voting; ask my husband who served three tours in Iraq.
I am full agreement with you; if you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain.

November 04, 2008 11:42 PM  

I think religion is something to consider. I wouldn't vote in someone who is Satanic because of what that persons morals and values most likely would be. It shouldn't be the deciding factor but something to consider.

Just got done commenting this over on another journal about the right to vote. Voting is a priveldge, and a choice, not mandatory. I have the right to an abortion but it doesn't mean I am a pity if I choose otherwise. I also have the right to drink and smoke but they are exactly that, my rights, my priveledges, my choices, my options.

I chose not to vote this year. I simply exersized my RIGHT not to.

On a lighter note, I hope you had a fun Halloween. :) HUGS TO YOU. *M*

http://learningtoadapt.blogspot.com

November 05, 2008 7:03 PM  

Thanks for your comments on Prop 8. Unfortunately there was not enough light to overcome the darkness, and g/l issues lost in numerous states. While others are talking about "hope" with this election, I am left with little.

As it has always been, our best "revenge" or I should say response to the darkness is to continue to live our lives with decency, honor and respect, even as I continue to struggle with the basics, such as keeping my chosen family covered by health insurance while trying to manage career options (an issue that gets to the very heart of living).

I can't believe that Prop 8 was successful. I expected better from CA.

Virginia

November 05, 2008 7:53 PM  

hey look I figured it out!! Boy am I dumb! he he!

November 06, 2008 4:12 PM  

You are one of my favorite "new to me" bloggers.

I wish we could get together and chat over coffee....I think we'd find we had tons in common.

Great post!

Nancy

November 06, 2008 8:47 PM  

Yes here in Florida they had Amendment 2 and it passed by only a few votes. It is not a fair bill either...but the ads scared people which these nasties do quite well. I was surprised by California though.....so glad Obama won...love, Sandi

November 16, 2008 12:40 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home