Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Sparkly


I'm slacking. I promised myself throughout the hibernation season I would post here more often, with acceptable frequency and dare I say, even predictability. But, I'm one of those easily distracted people who focuses exclusively on whatever my mind has wandered off too. A bit of a compulsive disorder if I say so myself. My latest obsession is Ray Bradbury books and german glass glitter........both sparkly things I can't get enough of. I adore sparkly.

I do however feel the internal tugs of writing compulsion coming on and imagine this little space will be on the receiving end of that mood~~

Now, it came to my sparkly attention span as I was making my rounds visiting journals, that I was given one of the ~~Marie Antoinette, A Real Person, A Real Awards~~ This gave me a sparkly smile and I won't even assign a viral plague to Sheria like I did to my poor friend Indigo when she tagged me alittle bit ago.

I read the rules and regulations and fine print regarding this award, but damn, I cannot deny it. I am a rule breaker. I'd love to bestow this fun sparkly award on another, but to be honest, I struggle with that. Thats right, I'm a wuss and typically take the low road by ducking my duties.....

But, I'd like to say thank you to Sheria. If you aren't visiting her pages, let me tell you bluntly, your missing out. Here's a clear cut link to a fantastic writer, thinker and thought provoking journal..........>>...Sheria @ The Examined Life/....<<..........Go, visit, think, enjoy, and appreciate. She is the best sort of sparkly.

Oh, and question, is it just me and my quickly aging eyes, but when I post these things, is the font just tiny? Because when I use the next size font, it seems just HUGE. I cannot find a happy medium here............

16 Additional Thoughts:

I got the award as well and though appreciate the sentiment, also refused to pass it along. My recommends are on my blogroll, period. And I don't understand what a "real" blogger is. And what Marie Antoinette has to do with it. Plus awards should be given by the many to the few, if one person gives 7, and so on, everyone eventually gets one, which subverts the very idea behind an award.
I would agree that Sheria should get the Mme de Stael Award for blogging, and I'll give you the Simone de Beauvoir Award. And neither of you have to share it.

November 19, 2008 11:46 AM  

I assumed that the Marie Antinotte award was a tongue in cheek reference to how out of touch she was with the masses or the common man, you know "If they can't eat bread, let them eat cake". As far as the font, it seems fine to me, except you have a comment cheese-melt thing going on that the bottom of this entry. Don't know what that's about.

Fred

November 19, 2008 1:54 PM  

I had the same problem with the font, here's what you do. Go to Customize that little bar on top of your blog holds.

Then go to layout.

On Layout there should be a button for fonts and colors. Go there.

Then the one that says Text Font Click it. You will be given a sliding scale of bigger, smaller. You can also change the main general font type if you have an over all preference.

Hit Save...otherwise you will wonder what happened and why it didn't work *winks*, oh yeah, I'm just practicing being a smart aleck before Skye gets here. She still takes the room with her commentry....

Hope this helps. Like I said the Indigo Virus is a great thing to catch. Sheria is another of those awesome writers, not unlike yourself. (Hugs)Indigo

November 19, 2008 1:58 PM  

Congrats on your award:)

I don't care much for our size selection either. Oh well, it's still better than AOL <<<--- only my opinion. (((HUGS))) *M*

http://learningtoadapt.blogspot.com

November 19, 2008 3:09 PM  

I DO read Sheria, thanks to Indigo, and all three of you are remarkable writers!

I couldn't get comfortable with the font size, either. When I had it a little bigger, it really bothered me. I felt like I was reading a first grade primer. Although the smaller size is almost a little too small, I prefer it over the next larger. I find your font very readable.

Best,
Beth

November 19, 2008 3:29 PM  

You are quite thought provoking yourself as well and I appreciate your kindness.
I am not quite sure? Was Fred really insinuating those whom won this award might too be out of touch with the masses or common man? ; )
I always enjoy my time spent indulging here within your pages and am looking forward to more frequency.

November 19, 2008 5:35 PM  

I went to that customize page and played around with all kinds of fonts, colors and sizes, but Indigo's right, be sure to hit "save" when you find a look you like.
Congratulations on your Marie Antoinette Award!
From one easily distracted person to another....
:) Leigh

November 19, 2008 5:42 PM  

have you read dandelion wine yet? that and farenheit 451 are my favs as far as bradbury are concerned.

i will check out that other blog.

xxalainaxx who is up to her eyeballs in cabbage at the moment :D

November 19, 2008 6:58 PM  

Rebecca Anne,
You are an awesome writer. I appreciate that you share your talents with us. You deserve any award that is bestowed upon you.
Good luck on your font change.
Smiles,
David

November 19, 2008 9:28 PM  

to be honest, i never EXPECTED to get this award, and especially not in the same category as YOU.

wonderful pick, i just added her to my reader :]

November 20, 2008 1:24 AM  

Rebecca...I start each day looking at my own blog and then Elisabeths,and yours always comes next..I enjoy your writings and thoughts...a ray of sunshine...keep it going.

Bob

November 20, 2008 2:03 PM  

You can't find a "happy medium"? Have you tried at the local psychic's business?

Ok, sorry, I'm leaving now:)

November 20, 2008 2:48 PM  

I tend to pass on awards like that to "everyone" - it just doesn't seem fair otherwise.

November 22, 2008 5:19 AM  

I love Ray Bradbury's work. One of my favorites is "Something Wicked This Way Comes."

Your font size works well for me and I'm staring through tri-focals.

Thanks for the kind words; right back at you.

November 22, 2008 6:19 PM  

Regardless of the root of the award, I'm always happy to see someone recognize the great writing that a select few share with the rest of us.

Nothing wrong with being a rule-breaker now and then, right?

November 23, 2008 7:59 AM  

Rebecca, I am having a struggle with awards also.

You deserve any and all awards you receive...you are a fabulous writer.

November 24, 2008 4:56 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home